“because we can, we must….”
Dave is the Principal and CEO of Equilibrium Capital. Dave leads the firm’s strategy and product development process. His primary duty is to insure the growth of the firm and team while continuing our culture and shared values. He also serves on Equilibrium’s Board of Director.
Dave’s passion and commitment to sustainability is a result of his work in venture capital, regional economic development and climate change policy. In 2007, Dave saw sustainability trends that are re-shaping major commodity sectors, creating an economic value shift and an opportunity for market advantage. He formed Equilibrium Capital Group to be a global leader in sustainability-driven asset management for institutional investors that delivered both sustainable alpha and intentional positive impact on our community and environment.
Previously, Dave was a general partner at OVP Venture Partners (2000-2007). His investments at OVP include @once (acquired by InfoUSA), Ambric, Intelligent Results (acquired by First Data), Net6 (acquired by Citrix), Tzero and UXComm. He served on the board of @mobile prior to its acquisition by Software.com. Dave served on the board of HNC Software until it was merged with FICO in 2002 (NASDAQ:HNCS, now NYSE:FIC). Prior to OVP, Dave founded GeoTrust (acquired by VeriSign 2006) and The Ascent Group; was Vice President Marketing Mentor Graphics; was an associate at McKinsey & Company; and was an early team member at Solectron (1978-1985).
Dave serves as:
- Board member GED, Inc. (Gerding Edlen)
- Board member Biological Capital, LLC
- Board member United Streetcar, LLC
- Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco’s Portland Branch
- Board member of the National Collegiate Inventors & Innovators Alliance (NCIIA)
- Board member of The Freshwater Trust
- Board member of B Corp/B LAB
- Board member of Volans
- Advisory Board Member of the Oregon Investment Fund (OIF)
- Governor-Appointed Chairman of the Oregon Innovation Council (2005-2011)
- Chairman (2003-2009) of the Oregon Nanoscience and Microtechnologies Institute (ONAMI)
- Chairman (2006) of the Oregon Entrepreneurs Forum
- Faculty at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University on the topic of sustainability and finance
Dave has a B.A. in biology, from the University of California, Berkeley and an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
Dave is co-owner of Patton Valley Vineyards, committed to making the finest Oregon Pinot Noir based on sustainable vineyard farming practices.